Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Catch Up!

June was the craziest month for us! I realized the other day that I have really been neglecting our blog. I started classes at the University of Texas at Dallas the beginning of June. I have been busy non-stop with summer classes. The busiest part is now over, and I only have one more class to go. Hopefully I will have more time to keep everybody updated this month.

We have had a lot of things happen in the past month. Stone is learning to talk more and more every day. I can't believe that his 2nd birthday is next month (August 13)! Since I have been back in school I have been staying home with Stone on the days that I don't go to school. That has given us lots of time to go to the library, the park, and lots of other fun stuff this summer! Stone's next well check up is coming up in the middle of August right after his birthday. I will know then how big our boy is getting. Right now he weighs over 35 lbs and is about 3.24' tall. Stone has learned lots of animal sounds. He knows what a dog sounds like, a cat, a horse, a pig, a cow, and thats about all I can remember off of the top of my head. He has also been totally fascinated with all of the construction on HW 121. Every time we drive to McKinney he just yells "Aaaah!!" in excitement at all of the trucks and machines- it is so hilarious. Our favorite park to go to recently has been Aviator Park in McKinney. Stone really likes airplanes as well (such a boy) and this park is just great with all the commercial planes flying low, and the small airport on Custer has its landing strip behind a line of trees at the west end of the park.We are starting swim lessons at the Russel Creek YMCA starting August 3rd. I can't wait to get pictures and video from that on here.

Last weekend was jam packed with lots of fun from Friday to Sunday. Friday we celebrated the fourth with my family at my parents house. My dad built Stone a huge sandbox that he had an absolute blast in. We grilled hotdogs and hamburgers, and chased Stone around all night. Stone got a kick out of pulling flags from the neighbor's yards too. On Saturday the fourth, we went out to the country to Randolph, to Jennifer and Larry's house. We spent the whole night popping fire crackers. Stone got a little scared when we first started the loud stuff. He came around though, and sat in my lap the rest of the night watching them with me like a big boy. Stone really liked the huge sparklers that we had. However, it was confusing to a two year old that holding a flaming hot stick was ok! Sunday marked the annual seafood boil that the Vanness' hold every summer. We look forward to this EVERY year! Stone and Ryan & Sam's niece had so much fun swimming in the rain. And what a blessing the rain was! It was only 77 degrees when we got there around 2:00pm. Big difference from Saturday, when it was almost 100 degrees at 10:00 pm!!


After having such a hectic and busy month in June, it was great to slow down and celebrate the fourth with most of our friends and family. We really needed a break! I will try my best to keep up with the blog now that things have slowed down a bit. Below are some pictures from the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like ya'll had a great fun filled weekend! Wish we could have gotten together, hopefully next time!!!!!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete